Monday, August 01, 2011

I talk to God, but the sky is empty



This movie somehow makes me think of The Turin Horse, both involve the issues of human existence, the struggle of life, the universe that contains us, the existence of God. While The Torrin Horse is bleak and hopeless, The Tree Of Life is very religious. Series of prayers/confessions/queries to God, sometimes it's a cry for help, sometimes it's a doubt of His existence. There were many scenes of climbing up the stairs, looking up the sky, i think it symbolizes our constant urge to seek the truth, or simply our want of edification. The film may be thought-provoking but it's not very touching (or at least it fails to touch me). Maybe it's too preachy, especially the last scene of "all together now" reconciliation of your own self, family, friends, neighbour or even strangers, although I do not entirely oppose to what it preaches (i.e. love and grace), we human being, those ungraceful Nature ones, do not like to be preached. So I admit that the quote that impressed me most is "What I want to do, I can't do. I do what I hate."

5 comments:

galaxy said...

"What I want to do, I can't do. I do what I hate." , maybe you are just tired of your job , not your life.

You cannot see wind, but you can feel it. i.e. something is not to see, but feel.

kittyshambles said...

of course I am not (yet) bored of my life, having said that, the quote still sounds true to me. I don't think much of my job now, it's simply a trade for money, at the expense of my time and freedom. i don't want to get deep into this notion or i will fall into depression again, like i used to do in the past.

galaxy said...

oh, just relax and no need to drill "cow horn tip", hahaha

kittyshambles said...

yes, that's why i seldom write anything in my blog now, here is the place "to drill cow horn tip" :p

galaxy said...

ha, could "blow water" as well.... give yourself a break at least.