Monday, March 30, 2015

Poem of farewell


If this world is evil, we are all part of the evil, but I only want to remember your good.



Finally finished the anime Tokyo Ghoul √A.  Of course the manga is much better than the anime.   The anime was intended to be a recreation of the manga but sadly in a mess-up manner.  However, I do like the last chapter of √A, maybe it finally adopted a very melancholic tone like the manga. The last chapter was also a reconfirmation of the death of Hide (as we the manga readers always wanted to believe that Hide was still alive [though it was very obvious that he was devoured by Kaneki], no we couldn't accept that Kaneki would eat the one who loved him most).  Though the anime deleted the whole grand and bloody battle between Kaneki and Arima, it did show that Kaneki was killed (well now we know he's just got seriously hurt) by Arima by the last bit of "click" sound - the opening of the quinques box.  I like all those subtle details.  But what I like most was Kaneki's long walk with "Unravel" again - back to the square one, is the fight futile?



(why this just made me think of my hometown?)

No comments: